Monday, June 18, 2007

Vacation Time










Well, things around here are very quiet. The dog is at Carma's and Nate is out in MD. I'm trying to get things ready to go, but my allergies are driving me crazy. I leave tomorrow about noon for the airport. Grandma T. is driving me down.

From what I understand, the boys are having a great time. They went to the Orioles game Friday night and had a late meal at this little Italian spot--some of you may know the name. Saturday morning they went to York to join the early morning basketball game. Dad took Nate shopping for some well needed clothes. They then went to the Phillies game, spent the night in Philly, and then went to York 1 for church.


Byron Wilson is the bishop now at York 1 for all who keep up on York news. Girls Camp started this morning, too.


While the boys were having fun, I traveled to ID where I left Copper at Carma's. Grandpa S. came along for the ride. We had dinner at Cheryl and Jason's Friday night and then went back to Carma's to sleep. We got up Saturday morning and went to the Rexburg Air Show. It was really nice. It was a pleasant day--the wind wasn't blowing too hard.


After the airshow we went back to Carma's and prepared for a picnic at Grand Teton. I had a great time. We built a camp fire at String Lake, which is a beautiful, quiet place. Carma showed us a new camping dessert called "Woofers" When we all get together Cheryl and I will show you how to make them. Carma and I rode our bikes from Teton Village to the main road, which was just over six miles. That was fun, too. Poor Cheryl was pretty much pooped by the time she got home.


No comments: