It is winter in Evanston. While Dad has been enjoying unusually warm weather, Nate and I are "enjoying" winter here. It seems we have been stuck in a deep freeze for a long time.
I finally got my skis out this past week and tried the snow at the State Park. It was great. The first day I went out, I didn't ski very far, but at the end I spotted 2 bald eagles sitting in a tree by the river. On Sat. I skied from one parking lot to the far parking lot. It was so much fun. I will try to get out every day, when the temp is 20 degrees or warmer.
I have been busy doing lots of different things. Just before Thanksgiving I started helping out at the County Museum. There was an exhibit from the Smithsonian coming to town, and they wanted retired school teachers to help guide school groups through. I did that about 4 times from the first part of December until this past week. As I was saying my goodbyes to the museum director, she told me that the museum was going to get more exhibits and would I like to volunteer to do those as well. I told her I was very excited to do that. It will most likely start in the spring--whenever that is here.
The new principal at UME, where I taught before, called me just before Christmas and asked if I would be interested in teaching an after school math class for kids who needed extra help. I started doing that right after Nate and I got back from DC. I go in one hour after school Monday-Thurs. I also go in for about 45 min. on Tues and Thurs before school, too. I love the hours, I can do 6 hours a week, and i love working with kids who are struggling.
Of course, I have plenty to do in the house, so I am keeping real busy.
The first semester has ended and we think Nate DID pull all "A"'s like he wanted too. He worked real hard and we are proud of him.
1 comment:
Evanston looks cold Mom, brrrr. When it warms up someday we'll come out of hibernation and come up for a visit...
Post a Comment