Yesterday I took the time to drive to Clarkston, Utah for an aunts 90th birthday celebration. She was the wife of my mother's brother and has been a widow for 50 years, but my mom's family loved her so much and she in turn loved them that everyone has stayed close. When my uncle died, he would have been in his early 40's when he died, they had 5 children, the oldest being maybe 10. The youngest was probably 2 or so. There was a book with stories about my mom's family and pictures I had never seen before. Carma is going to talk to the cousin who did this book and get me a copy. What a treasure.
I decided that since Nate was at work, I would take the scenic drive. I went around Bear Lake and through Logan Canyon. The lake was sooo beautiful and the drive though the canyon was so peaceful and beautiful. I saw a couple of nice trailheads. Someday I will have to try them.
Logan is a beautiful town--and the temple, which is my favorite for obvious reasons, is so stately sitting up on the hill.
I saw and talked with cousins I had not seen since I was a little girl. My favorite moment was when my mom's half sister's husband came over to me and asked me if I had found me a man yet? (Boy, was he surprised when I told him, "yes, and I have five kids". Obviously he had me confused with Carma.
The drive home took me through Sardine Canyon (the route from Logan to Brigham City) and then a stop in Ogden so I could go to Lowe's for Dad (Roy) and then through Weber Canyon and back to Evanston. I just barely got home before Nate got off work. It was a wonderful day and well worth the time.
It feels like summer here, finally. When I post comments about it being hot this summer I am not complaining, I am just commenting. I will not complain about the heat, I am looking forward to it being hot.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What a great day. I for one am quite glad you found you a man.
That's funny mom, sounds like a fun day.
I learned tonight that blogging etiquette requires one to "comment" when they are mentioned in a blog. So here I am...and I may even soon be creating my own blog. I'm glad you set Floyd straight...that, yes, you found a man and have five kids. (I hope you didn't tell him you weren't me. Maybe he won't have to ask me AGAIN if I've found my man. :) Hmmm, I need to start fabricating a story for the next time I see him...or find a man with five kids.)
That said, isn't Aunt Sadie's family the greatest! :)
Post a Comment