Evanston is a pretty quiet little town, except as Dave has noted, on the 4th of July. It is especially quiet when the weather turns cold and everybody stays indoors. I have been inside working on the Christmas presents I decided to make instead of buying this year. I am almost finished and hope to be all done by Thanksgiving.
The election is over and Evanston residents overwhelming voted for McCain, no surprise there. What I did find surprising was the percentage of Uinta County voters who cast their ballots. 107 %.
I have been a volunteer at the Uinta County Museum for a year now and have enjoyed working there very much. Last Thursday the museum volunteers were recognized at the monthly chamber of commerce luncheon and the museum received a very nice plaque with our names on it. When the quarterly newsletter came out on Saturday, there was a picture with me and 2 other volunteer taking down an exhibit. It is a lot of fun.
Nate is now a published writer. He had an article published in the Uinta County Herald yesterday. It was about the senior projects that are now required for graduation. He did a great job.
Roy will be home for a week on Saturday and we are looking forward to traveling to Rigby for Thanksgiving dinner with the New Mexico Turners and the Kimbers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow! 107% That's impressive. But not as impressive as Nathan publishing before he's 17. Congrats, Nate.
That's super cool Nate. And mom being on a plaque is super cool too. Basically you're both too super cool. Maybe your super coolness is what accounted for there being 107%.
Post a Comment