Wednesday, March 18, 2009

It Looks Like Spring

The weather has turned warmer and the snow is almost all melted away. That means we should get another snow storm soon. That's just the way it is in Wyoming in the spring.
Dad (roy) has officially moved to Florida now. He drove his car loaded with his belongings last weekend. Nate and I are headed to the Tampa area for spring break. We leave on the 12th of April and return home on the 18th. We have lots of fun things planned.
In the meantime, Nate heads to Phoenix on Friday to meet up with Roy and David for a weekend of spring training baseball. Cheryl and Ben are coming down from Rigby on Friday and Michelle might be coming up for a weekend of fun. A shopping trip to Park City is scheduled for Saturday. (Carolyn, you need to move closer so you can have fun with us, too.)
Nate is amazing this year. He did really well in school last semester, but this semester, he is doing even better. He is taking an early morning ACT prep class and he has to be to school at 7 AM sharp. He can't miss more than 3 days or he fails the class. He has done remarkably well. There are only 7 more days of the early morning thing, but I have to give him credit for doing so well. He is so focused on doing well on the ACT. He did take the ACT on the 11th because it is required of all juinors in Wy to take it. He feels pretty good about it.
I am teaching math after school again this semester. In Jan. and Feb. I taught 3rd graders the module on "addition and subtraction." I really hate the material that we use. This quarter I am teaching 5th graders division. I am still using the same material and I still hate the material. I only work 1.5 hours a day M-TH. Not too bad. It doesn't interfer with my play time.
Copper and I need to start going for a walk every day, now. We are both carrying too much excess inches. It has been a long winter.
YEAH for spring.

1 comment:

Carma said...

I agree - YEAH for spring!! I need to get out walking, too - or doing some form of exercise - because I have put on a little during the winter.