Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Never Say Never

Thursdays are a special day of the week because my teacher friends and I get together at lunchtime and enjoy a relaxing lunch. I usually pick up lunch and bring it in and we sit down for 35 minutes and talk about what's going on. It is a day I look forward to and so do they.
A few weeks ago Kathy told me that Chris, the principal was going to talk to me about a job opening at UME. I must have been in a very bad mood and went off telling all my friends I was NOT interested in teaching ever again, I didn't want to work in the school once my after school gig was up, etc, etc, etc.
Monday morning Chris called me and asked me if I was interested in working with a student as a "tracker" for three days. I agreed, so today is day three of working again for the school district. Yesterday Chris came into the classroom we were in and asked me if I would substitute for the morning in one of the fifth grade classes. So today I will be a "tracker" and a substitute teacher.
I really would rather be working out in my yard, taking Copper for a walk, or riding my bike, but I will go and enjoy this experience. I hope I have made a difference in Ethan's school days.

No comments: