I can't believe how quickly the time has passed. Is it really July-almost the end of July already. Let me recount what has been happening.
June: Nate and I made a trip to Rigby in mid-June and made a wonderful trip through Yellowstone with my sister, Carma. I really enjoy driving through Island Park, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton. We saw bison in Yellowstone and a couple of moose in Grand Teton. There was still snow on the ground in a couple of spots.
Roy was home the first weekend in June to complete the brake repair on Nate's car. I was glad they got everything fixed. (I don't know what we would have done if that car hadn't gotten fixed.)
July: The 4th of July is always a good time in Evanston. We have 5 firework stands and it is legal to shoot off fireworks beginning the 3rd of July. My favorite memory of this year's fireworks display at the Turner home was watching Jason, Stewart, Nate, and Jon all lined up on the front sidewalk and each of them lighting off a roman candle. This was after attending the Evans reunion in Clinton earlier in the day and the boys trip into the hills to shoot the .22 rifle and the .357 magnum pistol. We had lots of good food and homemade raspberry ice cream.
I had the privilege of watching Michelle's little Tinkerbelle puppy for a week while they went on vacation with Carolyn and Stew.
Roy was home the first weekend in June to complete the brake repair on Nate's car. I was glad they got everything fixed. (I don't know what we would have done if that car hadn't gotten fixed.)
July: The 4th of July is always a good time in Evanston. We have 5 firework stands and it is legal to shoot off fireworks beginning the 3rd of July. My favorite memory of this year's fireworks display at the Turner home was watching Jason, Stewart, Nate, and Jon all lined up on the front sidewalk and each of them lighting off a roman candle. This was after attending the Evans reunion in Clinton earlier in the day and the boys trip into the hills to shoot the .22 rifle and the .357 magnum pistol. We had lots of good food and homemade raspberry ice cream.
I had the privilege of watching Michelle's little Tinkerbelle puppy for a week while they went on vacation with Carolyn and Stew.
This past weekend, Nate and I traveled to ID, again. Our purpose was to go to Tiffany Merrifield's wedding reception. That was a lot of fun. It was good to see all the Merrifield family and celebrate Tiff's marriage.
Saturday morning, Cheryl, Nate, Ben,and I headed to the St. Anthony Sand Dunes for some fun. Cheryl demonstrated the fine art of Dune jumping and she and Nate performed the stunt for Ben and me. The evening entertainment was a trip to the "riot Zone" where Cheryl, Jason, and Nate drove race cars and bumper boats. They seemed to have a great time. Jason and Nate then played minature golf while Cheryl and I took Ben home to go to bed.
Sunday morning Nate and I headed back home.
No comments:
Post a Comment