Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Arches

(What the hikers)

Wednesday was our trip to Arches. Michelle and I have been to Arches, but Allyson didn't think she had been there. Time for another adventure. We first stopped at the Visitor Center which was new since my last visit. There is so much to see at the Visitor Center you could spend all day there, but we had exploring to do.

Some of the places we stopped and hike around and to were: Balanced Rock, Double Arch, Delicate Arch Viewpoint, (Delicate Arch hike will have to wait until a cooler time of year), and the Fiery Furnace viewpoint. We also stopped at Skyline Arch for a quick picture.

After touring Arches, we stopped for a picnic lunch and then Allyson and I toured the "Hole in the Rock" which is a home chiseled into a home. Very interesting, but I don't think I could live there. (It is the ultimate tourist trap.)

No comments: