Wednesday morning was a little nicer, so we headed to Rexburg to do a little last minute shopping for this new little one. After a stop at Walmart and McDonald's for lunch we headed back to Rigby. I had started a sewing project Tuesday and I went back to finishing that while Cheryl and Ben took a nap.
Thursday I knew was going to be a busy day. Cheryl had a doctor's appointment in the morning and Ben and I stayed home. I had also planned to drive to Idaho Falls for lunch with my sister. When I got a text message from Cheryl saying my lunch appointment might not work, I knew something was happening. Cheryl's blood pressure was high and so her doctor wanted her at the hospital at noon. She came home and packed her bag and Jason came home and off they went.
Ben and I met Carma for lunch anyway. Ben was a great guy. He ate his quesadilla and part of my chicken enchilada. We headed back toward Rigby, but Ben fell asleep in the car. I did what anyone would do with a sleeping baby--I took a drive. Yellowstone isn't open yet for the spring season, but the drive to Ashton is a fun drive, so I drove to Ashton. By the time we got home, Ben was just waking up.
The rest of the evening went fine. Ben even went to bed without a problem.
At 3 am I got a pic message from Jason showing me a picture of the newest Kimber.
Friday Ben and I drove to Rexburg to meet the little guy and to check on Cheryl. Ben quite liked the little guy. After more mcnuggets, we headed back to Rigby and of course Ben feel asleep in the car. I didn't feel like driving any more, so he didn't get much of a nap. The night ended peacefully when Ben fell asleep watching a "Thomas" movie. At 5 am I was awakened when Ben woke up and went looking for mom and dad. His scream certainly woke me up, quickly.
Ben checking out little brother
Spencer asking for something to eat
I couldn't have had better spring break and now I am packing for my vacation to DC on Thurs.Thanks to Cheryl and Jason for letting me spend this week with them and for that new little grandson. Thanks to Ben for having patience with grandma. And thanks to Michelle for going to Idaho to help this week and then coming down here to make sure Nate gets off to school on Friday. Thanks to Nate, too, for being a responsible adult during the week.
3 comments:
Congratulations on your new grandson!! He sure is a cutie. Can't wait to see him myself. Have fun in DC/Virginia.
The timing could not have been better. The other morning Ben woke up and said "where's grandma?" He was not impressed when I reminded him that you had gone home. Maybe this summer you could come play with Ben.
Ben would randomly ask me where grandma was too. He must like you mom! I'm so glad things turned out the way they did, it was really perfect timing. It feels funny to be writing something on your blog from your computer, while you're not here.
Post a Comment