Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Almost Perfect Weekend







Memorial Day Weekend was almost perfect. We saw all the grandkids and may I just say--they are all adorable. Saturday's lunch with Dave and his kids and Michelle and Jon was a lot of fun. The pizza was delicious. We, of course, missed Summer, but I am sure she had a great time with her family. Nate was also absent, but he does enjoy working at Walmart.

On Sunday, as soon as Nate was off work, we headed to Rigby to visit Cheryl, Jason, and Ben. Jason fixed dinner for us and then we took a walk around Rigby Lake. Later that evening we started a fire and cooked smores. I think Ben is really going to like roasting marshmellows. After watching Jason work in the yard Monday morning, we headed back home. We really got rained on during the trip home.

Monday evening Dad and I went for a walk at the state park and we didn't see one moose--no we saw two moose. I will share the pics later when Dad downloads them to my computer.

Tuesday was spent preparing the site for our new shed. And then today (Wed) Dad poured the slab for the shed. It will be so nice when it is done--just like everything Dad does. I planted flowers in Grandma's planter box and got her lawn mowed. Everything looks so nice and green.

It still is a little chilly and the trees are just barely starting to leaf out. The crab apple tree which usually blossoms in mid-May, still hasn't bloomed. We are very grateful for the moisture, but hoping for some warm weather soon.

Nate has only 3 1/2 days of school left. I will be glad when it is over. He has improved a lot this year and we hope he continues to improve next year. Have a fun summer everyone.

4 comments:

Jon and Chelle said...

We had a lot of fun with everyone on Saturday, and, today I peeked at my strawberries and there are little green ones popping up all over!

Roy said...

Thanks for making the trip to Orem. and Chelle, nice place you've got.It was fun. But mom, why is it "one moose, twoo moose", not "two meese"?

Jon and Chelle said...

It is two meese, duh. Except for that moose don't really exist...

dastew said...

you guys stop getting together. you're making me feel guilty for moving Carolyn across the country! That said we'll be hitting two major league stadiums this year, possibly three if I get Sox tickets.