Monday, May 5, 2008

Dad's Handy


Dad was home again this weekend and as usual the place looks better when he left than when he came. His project for this weekend was finishing the concrete curb around the front flower bed. We put in some fresh soil and then he put down some pavers to make a little patio area. We ran to Park City and picked up a bench to place on the pavers. (The bench was a great Mother's Day present.) I am looking forward to some quiet summer afternoons reading in that spot.
Today I am going to put my onion bulbs in the ground as well as doing a little more work in the flower bed. I'm not putting any flowers in just yet. Maybe around Memorial Day.
Dad also commented that it's time to get the lawnmower out. Everything is looking nice and green. (At 9 AM the temp is 51 degrees.) Spring must be here, at least for a couple of days.
Everyone enjoy the beautiful day.

2 comments:

Jon and Chelle said...

Nice Bench and nice patio! Maybe I'll have to come up and make sure the bench is secure.

ma turner said...

Sure, come up whenever you can. Dad will be home again in a couple of weeks.