I picked him up at the airport Friday (23). When we got home, it was almost time for Nate to get home from school. The boys went driving and we started preparing the shed slab.
Sat. (24) traveled to Orem to have lunch with Michelle, Jon, Dave, Allyson, Ryan, Isaac, and Evan. Nate had to work, so he missed out on a fun afternoon.
Sun. (25) traveled to Rigby to visit Cheryl and Jason. Took a walk around Rigby Lake and then cooked s'mores in their backyard. Played with Ben, alot.
Mon. (26) traveled home and Nate went to work. Worked on filling the slab foundation with more rock.
Tues. (27) filled the foundation forms with more rock. I mowed Grandma Turner's grass. Dad also spent a lot of time working on the base in living room. He wanted to hide the heat pipes so he had to build a cover that would match the base. It looks great. I also planted some flowers in Grandma Turner's front planter box.
Wed. (28) final prepartation for shed foundation/slab. Concrete came and Dad spent the remainder of the day finishing concrete. Nate was at work.
Thurs (29) took the day off from hard labor and traveled Northwest of Kemmerer to do some fossil hunting. Now if you have ever been to Kemmerer, you know you are on the outskirts of civilization, but if you go north and west of Kemmerer you really are on the edge of the earth.
It really was a lot of fun. You can keep all the fossils you find, unless you find a rare one, like a sting ray or a crocodile. I found a sting ray. (Or part of one.) The guide was really dissapointed that I could not show him exactly where I was working when I found it. How did I know it was a sting ray. We found lots of fish fossils and really had a great time. We will do it again.
Friday (30) The lumber for the shed was delivered and the work began. Dad started the framing and I tried to help. He should have married someone stronger and taller. By the time the boys got home from school, the walls were almost up. Nate and Jeff then took over helping Dad and got the roof trusses up. It looked like a shed when we called it quits.
Sat. (31) The goal was to get it all done before we headed to SLC to spend the night. Nate had to work, so Dad got Jeff to help with the shed. Jeff learned a lot and had a great time helping. It was probably the most meaningful experience he had ever had. By the days end, the roof was completed, the walls were finished, and a door was put in. The big double doors will have to wait until the next trip home. It looks great and will be filled up quickly. Dad wants to put in a work bench for working on all the projects he wants to do.
Saturday evening we went to SLC to spend the night. Dad's flight leaves at 6:20 am Sunday morning and nobody wanted to get up at 3 to go to the airport.
All in all, it was a most fun week. Dad was proud of the work he got done. We really do have a lot of fun working together. We like to play together, too.
4 comments:
We need to get the kids in on this fossil-digging business. Can they spend a month with you some summer and go dig for fossils? They would be in heaven.
We could do that. Dig for fossils, go to Yellowstone, camping, sounds like a lot of fun.
I want to dig for fossils too. Maybe I will find a moose fossil.
Maybe, but if you come up more often maybe you could see a real moose up close.
Post a Comment