Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Vacation Update

No new pictures. Yesterday we traveled to York so Dad could meet with the good Dr. Knudson about his sore elbow. He is on the dl now as he has been diagnosed with "tennis elbow".
While Dad was with the Dr., Nate and I went to the Galleria Mall for some shopping. I remember the Galleria as an exciting mall, but both Nate and I were disappointed and we finished walking around the mall in 15 minutes. We did indulge in "Aunt Annies" pretzels, which in my opinion are the best pretzels around.
I stopped in the Orioles store to pick up an Orioles outfit for Ben and a license plate holder for my zuki.
After Dad picked us up, we went to the park over by the Layton's old house, grilled some steaks, had a picnic,and completed our PA day by driving some of the back roads before heading back to Crofton. We saw the farm house from a distance, through the corn fields, and the house on Mill Street. It was hard to remember all the back roads that we used to drive on a regular basis.
The area has really grown. There is a Cracker Barrel and Home Depot at exit one now. The traffic heading north out of MD was very heavy. It certainly is not the same as when we lived there. It is hard to believe we have been gone from PA now for six years. Time sure goes by quickly.
After getting back to Crofton, it was a quiet night of watching the All Star game. Nobody here was awake for the final out.

2 comments:

Roy said...

It's odd to think of all those places I used to know so well (the drive to seminary comes to mind, with all its back roads) that I would find so alien today. I haven't lived out east now in 11 years officially, and it's been 14 years since I lived there for more than a few weeks at a time. But it was a good place to grow up.

Chelle Ellsworth said...

I really really really want Jon to go to Stewartstown/New Park. He'd probably have a heart attack driving hickory road or the road by the golf course that is more like a loop de loop. It would be fun!