Just some notes about what is happening in Evanston and in the Baltimore/Washington area. I was in charge of another funeral yesterday. Given the age of some of the people in the ward, you would think it was one of the older folks who had passed on. No, it was a 20 year old who died of complications of diabetes. His family was inactive, so it must have been tough for them. The ward and the city pitched in and although we served 160 people, we had tons of food left over.
I have had two job interviews this past week. One at the state hospital as an instructor to train on safety procedures and the other one in the "valley" working with family services in determining benefit eligibility. I cannot do the valley thing because the drive in the winter is just plain awful. I am still waiting on the state hospital thing. In the meantime, I am enjoying staying at home and doing things around the house.
Last week Dad (Roy) had a great experience. Miguel, who has worked for Dad for a long time, became a US citizen. Dad went to the ceremony and was very proud of Miguel and how hard he worked for that.
I am anxious for this weekend and to be able to spend sometime with my sweetheart on his turf. (Only 19 months until Nate graduates and I move out there.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Very cool. Have fun out east. Congrats to Miguel especially. And good luck in shacking up with your sweetheart; if you find your home empty with no kids there you can borrow ours periodically. (If this was a phone call you'd be hanging up now.) See you in about a month (did I mention we're coming up for Turkey Day?).
Good for Miguel. He's a very nice guy that's great for him and his family. You guys could always come out and visit your neglected daughter out here on the east coast for the holidays?
Post a Comment