Yes, Nate and I returned home after a fun filled trip to the east coast. The previous blog was written by Roy telling of our first day and a half on our visit. I did enjoy the fights and not much blood was spilled. Maybe that's why I liked them.
Because we got home late (or early), we didn't make it up to York 1 for their 9 AM meetings. Sleeping in felt good. We chilled out and watched football on tv until 5 pm when we ventured out to Baltimore's Inner Harbor for some seafood. Our destination was Phillips All you can eat Seafood Buffet. It's the only place we can take Nate to eat crab that won't bankrupt us. He had 3 plates of crab legs and a few other treats. My favorite is the Crab Imperial, but everything is good. I think Roy had a taste of everything, too.
After walking around the Inner Harbor for a few minutes, we headed home to watch Football Night in America and an early bedtime. Of course, Nate had to order pizza before he could sleep. (I am taking donations for new clothes, as I'm sure the ones he has now will be too small in a week or so.)
Monday morning Nate and I slept in while Roy had to go to work. (Somebody has to pay the bills.) He came by later in the morning and took Nate for a hair cut. After a quick lunch at Pannera Bread, the boys went to work and I stayed at the shopping center to do some shopping. It was a very fun afternoon.
Then it was off to the Monday Night Football Game--the Redskins vs. the Steelers. It is a lot of fun to go to a football game; lots of fun to sit in the sky box; and Monday Night Football is terrific. A couple of the Redskins Cheerleaders stopped by for a visit and later a couple of the Hogettes came by, too. Jeff Valcourt gave me my own Hogette Bobble Head figure,too. Unfortunately, the Redskins looked pretty bad and lost 23-6.
I guess the highlight of the evening had to be watching Nate consume another huge amount of food. I know he had at least 3 plates of sandwiches, pasta, and ham. He drank 3 gingerale/sprites, too. It is fun to tease him about how much he eats.
We returned home Tues. afternoon. The mountains had a dusting of new snow and looked beautiful. Then I watched the election returns on and off until I could take no more.
My candidate did not win, but I will support Obama. He might just be what the country needs right now. I can only hope he doesn't raise the taxes on those making $250,000 or more. I have a real problem with that. We live in a great country and I am proud to be an AMERICAN.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Glad you enjoyed your trip. Now I want to see pictures of all the fun that was had. And too bad Washington lost; they're my NFC East hope--along with Philly--to end the Cowboys' and Giants' seasons short of the playoffs.
Too much fun! One of these days I'm going to make dad take me to a Redskins game too...
Post a Comment