Saturday, July 25, 2009

My vacation with Allyson


My long awaited vacation with Allyson began today with a trip to the zoo. I met Summer, Pat, Allyson, and the boys in the morning for a fun time viewing the animals. It was a very good time and by noon time, I could look at Evan and he wouldn't hide his face. Small achievements. We then traveled a little way up Emigration Canyon to a fine little diner named "Ruth's Diner". We had to wait a while to get a table, but it was worth the wait. The kids were very patient and very well behaved.


Allyson and I then traveled home by way of Emigration Canyon to East Canyon. A very beautiful drive. Allyson and I stopped at the house long enough to drop off her belongings and then headed to the state park for a little walk and to play in the river. Allyson had a great time getting into the river. After a stop at the grocery store and MacDonald's for some ice cream, it was beddy bye time for Allyson. We have lots of fun things planned for the next two weeks.

2 comments:

Carma said...

Don't know what you have planned for next weekend...but huckleberry picking is on my agenda. Let me know if you would like to join. Maybe it would be fun for Allyson. Regardless, have a fun time!

ma turner said...

We are planning on a trip to Yellowstone on Sat and then after church in Cheryl's ward a quick drive thru GT and then home.