Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Canyonlands

Allyson and I spent Monday getting everything ready for our trip to Albuquerque. I'm sure Allyson thought we would never be ready to go, but I wanted to mow the grass and do the laundry before we headed south. We decided to go to Chelley's and spend Monday night and then get a good start Tuesday morning. We had a great time playing with Tinkerbelle and the cats before turning in for the night.

Tuesday we drove to Canyonlands to see what that park had to offer. What a splendid place. The views are indescribable. We visited the "Island in the Sky" district which is the northern most district of Canyonlands.



This rock formation is named "The Monitor and Merrimac". We stopped at the Visitor Center and picked up a cd that tells about the park and all the stops and sights to see. We stopped at every turn out and took a lot of pictures.

This is "Mesa Arch" and as you climb to the point underneath the arch, you can see another smaller arch called "Washer Woman Arch". When we finished our journey through Canyonlands, we went on to Moab where we ate dinner and splashed in the motel pool. Tomorrow on to Arches and then Cortez, CO.

2 comments:

Wife of dastew said...

Ha, I almost died there.

Jon and Chelle said...

I'm glad you didn't die there too siss, they we would have had to add that to our list of things to see and that sorta would have put a damper on the whole trip =)