Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Catch up Time--Vacations are Over

Whew!! Nate is back in school and I have a lot of blogging to catch up on.

The last blog I posted tells of our tales to Albuquerque. We arrived safely and left Allyson with her mom and dad on August 6 at 9:30 pm. Chelley and I checked into a hotel to get some much needed rest.

Friday, August 7 was a restful, but some what busy day. We traveled over to the New Mexico Turner home and hung out with them for a bit and did some laundry. Chelley and I drove over to Old Town while Evan took a nap and then caravaned to the "Hot Air Balloon" museum. The kids have been there enough to know everything there is to know about hot air balloon so they were our tour guides. It is an interesting place--I didn't know there was so much to know about hot air balloons.






Pat and Phil Catherall, Summer's parents met us and we all headed out to dinner at a wonderful Mexican restaurant. The food was delicious. ( I can't remember the name of the place, but I certainly want to go back.)



Chelley and I headed back to the hotel where we were staying for the rest of the weekend, hung out at the pool and waited for Roy and Nate to get in. It was good to see them; Roy hadn't been home since the 4 th of July, so I was really glad to see him and share my adventures.



Saturday was Ryan's special day. He was going to be baptized. We were glad we could all make the trip and make it safely.





Allyson gave a wonderful talk on baptism; she did a great job, better than some adults have done. I was proud of both Ryan and Allyson that fine summer afternoon.



After the baptism, we all headed back to the Turner homestead to celebrate Evan's birthday, albeit, a couple of days early.


After a brief rest we headed to Isotope Field to take in a baseball game. What fun is a beautiful Saturday evening, if you can't go to a ball game. The kids shared their knowledge of baseball with us all evening long. Way to go!! Summer and Dave, you have taught your children well.



The ballgame was a lot of fun and the Isotopes won. Sunday morning was get ready to head home day. We would liked to have stayed longer, but Dave and Summer had plans and we needed to get home to get ready for our next adventure.


Nate was with Chelley and me for the ride home. We stayed the night in Moab and went into Arches to do some hiking there, again. Nate told us that Arches is his favorite National Park.


After breakfast at the "Jail House Cafe" it was time to get home. We dropped Chelley off and made it safely home to Evanston Monday afternoon.

Tuesday, August 11, Nate registered for school, his senior year, and I started to get ready for the next weekend and our family trip to Bear Lake. I picked Roy up at the airport Friday night and we were ready for a great time.

2 comments:

Chelle Ellsworth said...

geesh i am chubby! i'd rather be chubby than give up my vanilla cokes though. I had a blast on our rode trip with allyson, I wish I would have written in my journal like she did each night. I always have the intent on writing things down when I get back and never do!

dastew said...

Wish we could have been there. Maybe for the next one.