Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Time for One More Trip

Thursday morning we prepared to head north to Cheryl's. They had a couple of little things they wanted Roy to look at, so off we headed. I love the drive to Cheryl's especially when we go through Star Valley. After having dinner with the Kimber's and playing with Ben outside, we went to Rigby Lake for an evening stroll. It was a perfect evening.

Friday morning Roy and I left Nate with Cheryl and we headed to Yellowstone. After stopping for breakfast in West Yellowstone, we went to the Park. We hiked to Morning Glory Pool and around the geyser basin. While I went into the gift shop, Roy went to the registration desk to check to see if there were any cancellations. "Yes" we got a room for the night at Old Faithful Inn.

Old Faithful Inn

Morning Glory Pool
Castle Geyser
Beehive Geyser
Grotto Geyser
Giant Geyser
We drove over to Hayden Valley to see lots of wildlife. Lots of Bison, some right next to the road. A stop at Canyon for an ice cream cone and then back to Old Faithful. (There was a lot of traffic on the road to and from Canyon and rangers directing traffic so we weren't able to take any pictures of bison, but if you don't know what a bison looks like, come up and see them at the state park.)

Our evening's plan was a hike up to Observation Point to watch Old Faithful erupt. What a wonderful view and dinner in the dining room ended the day in perfect fashion.

The best hiking partner in the world

Old Faithful erupting from Observation Point

A beautiful sunset in the most beautiful place in the world
Saturday we drove back to Rigby and after I went to Carma's for a quick visit, we headed home.

Sunday the summer really ended with a trip to airport so Roy could fly back to Florida to go back to work. Nate started school on Monday, so the summer really was over.
I have plenty to keep me busy this fall and winter. While the weather is still nice, I will ride my bike out to the state park and take care of the yards. Then I have lots of scrapbooking and journaling to do to help me remember this wonderful summer.

3 comments:

Carma said...

Thanks for stopping by. You can always be sure to have a great time when headed to Idaho and then on to Yellowstone. Nice pictures.

Cheryl said...

The flatlander looked a little winded. Thanks for coming up!

Chelle Ellsworth said...

haha Cheryl that's what I was going to say! Guess Mom can out-hike dad too =)