Sunday, January 16, 2011

Fun Weekend



Saturday morning was a beautiful morning in Florida so pa and I decided to go out hiking. There is a hike we drive by every Sunday on our way to church and I had read a little about it, so we headed that direction. It is called "Red Bug Slough" and it is truly an urban park. There are houses all around it. Here are some pictures I took while we were walking. I am enjoying learning about the birds that are found in this area. Most of them are new to me.

A Wood Stork looking for something for breakfast.

Great Egret in flight


I am not sure what this bird is called, but I am not finished trying to find out.




Sitting on the dead branch is an interesting bird called an Anhinga. It looked like it was enjoying the beautiful sunny morning.



This vulture looks like he is waiting for something to die.



We passed this sign while we were walking along the water. Makes you keep your eyes open.


After we went home for breakfast the weather was still nice, so we headed to the beach. We went north this time to Bradenton Beach. It was fun to go somewhere new, although I think we went here with Carolyn and Stew when they came down for Thanksgiving.

Then it was home to relax and enjoy (if you can call the Ravens games enjoying) some football.








2 comments:

Jon and Chelle said...

We can't wait to visit you and get some learnin' about Florida wild life. I could tell you all about Orem wild life...most of them are 18-25 years old and smell kind of funky and live in even smellier dwellings. And when we visit we promise not to feed the alligators!

Wife of dastew said...

I'm less interested in the wild life than I am with things like the beach and a trip to Disney.