How can I describe the way our vacation began. We left the Evans Family reuninion and made the final preparations for our journey across the country. After Nate said goodbye to his friends, we packed up the Hyundai and left town. We hadn't driven very far when there was a "lurch" in the car and the ac was turned off to see if that would solve the problem. It didn't.
To make a long story short, we didn't get to Green River before we decided the best thing to do would be to turn around and check air fares and times. Dad flies back to Baltimore on Monday and Nate and I fly out on Thurs. We will still be able to get to NYC in time to see the Met/Rockies game on Saturday with the Forbes. What a way to start a vacation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh noes! Maybe that isn't a cross country car?? I hope it isn't anything serious. Also, gray cat seems to be doing alot better today. He especially loves when tink licks his ear.
Well I believe there's an old hindu maxim: "Tis better to break down in Rock Springs than after it, because honestly after it there's nothing but Wyoming wasteland".
We still look forward to seeing you guys.
It's always an adventure with you guys. We have tickets for Saturday. I'll call you in the next day or so to work out the details but we are excited to see you and to enjoy ballpark hotdogs and baseball at Shea.
Our trip was a lot less exciting...It's probably best that you fly anyhow. Dad's always been a crazy driver...
Now, about that trip to San Diego...
Post a Comment