I have decided I really dislike Labor Day. It means summer is over--and I really like summer. The temps here in Evanston don't get too hot and the breeze that blows in the afternoon keeps things very comfortable.
I dropped Dad off at the airport on Sunday and met Michelle who had picked me up some tomatoes and pears to can. After having a quick lunch at Cracker Barrel, Nate and I headed home. It started to rain later that afternoon and it cooled down quickly.
Monday morning we woke up to overcast skies and before too long the rain changed to snow. It didn't snow long, but snow is snow. It did clear off later in the afternoon. Which meant we were going to get cold over night. Nate had to scrape frost off his windshield before he headed off to school.
Monday was a perfect day to stay in and do some canning. I canned 42 pints of tomatoes. That added to the 19 I did previously, makes for some great soups this winter. I will can the pears later this week.
After finishing the tomatoes, I finished the two quilts I started earlier in August. (And none too soon. Nate's new quilt kept him toasty warm Monday night. The weather is supposed to warm back up by Friday. I'm all for a long warm Autumn.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
There was snow on Timp. I hate snow. The air has been so chilly here, as if summer ended and didn't even say goodbye. So, in hopes of continuing summer, I'm going to the beach this weekend. That might give me closure to the summer. Probably not though.
Post a Comment