Monday, September 15, 2008

Our Weekend

Friday as soon as Nate was home from school, we headed north to Idaho. I love the drive, the scenery, and the thoughts of spending time with Ben and his parents. If we nothing else but sit around and watch Ben play, the trip has been worthwhile, but we never just sit around.

We arrived at the Kimbers around 8:30 so there wasn't anything to do but unpack the car and watch Ben open his birthday present from us. We gave him a little turtle that plays funny songs and teaches babies there shapes. (I should have made him some warm pj's but it didn't happen.)

Saturday morning we went exploring to find "Cress Creek". It is a nature hike that Carma blogged about a few weeks ago. Cheryl kind of knew where it was so off we went. WE FOUND IT. It is a beautiful spot and the hike is very nice. Thanks Carma for telling us about it. It was definitely worth the time. I truly love the Idaho landscape and even more the love I have for the Rexburg area because of my experience at Ricks. Maybe that is why I love visiting Cheryl, Jason, Ben, and Carma so much. I'm glad you don't mind me coming up so much.

We then moved the activities to Rexburg for "Rexburg Unplugged" which is an activity put on by businesses to show the students what services are availible in town. Nate helped Jason last year and Jason asked him to help again this year, so he did.

Cheryl and I took Ben to the park to swing for a while, did a little shopping where I got a great idea for the older grandchildren's Christmas present, and then took Ben home for a nap. The poor little guy has had the flu and by the time we got him home, he was feeling really rotten.

By the time we went up and got the boys and grabbed some KFC for dinner, both Cheryl and Ben were feeling rotten. They had a rough night. Both were feeling a little better by the time we headed for home.

Nate and I had another nice quiet drive home after I slipped over to Carma's to see her and my Dad who had come up to visit and take care of her pets while she is in Houston next week.

Maybe next weekend we'll head north again for a trip into Yellowstone. We'll see if that works out.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Thanks for coming up, hopefully you won't get sick!

ma turner said...

Well. we did, but we had fun anyway. Hope you guys got feeling better.

Jon and Chelle said...

Did Nate have fun at Rexburg unplugged? I've decided that Ben is a pretty smart kid, we had some little kids over the other day and they were terrified of Tink, and I thought that maybe if they were smarter they would have done like Ben, and just chase her around so that she doesn't want anything to do with them =)