Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Passing Time

It seems like forever since I posted a new blog. In truth, there is not a lot going on here on the home front. Nate has finished his ACT prep class so no more getting up at 6:30. He did very well and I am proud of his accomplishment.

The weather has been typical Wyoming spring time weather. Warm one day and snowy the next. Last Saturday, April 4th, Dad and I cleaned 6 inches of snow off the driveway. It has almost all melted away today. (Last check it was 55 here.)

I have been reading alot this spring, just like I usually do in the springtime. Dave and Summer sent me a book about Yellowstone that I enjoyed reading. As I read, it brought to mind so many of my trips to Yellowstone and surrounding areas. It also made me think of places I still would like to visit. I also read a biography on the life of Kit Carson and his role in settling the southwest and made me realize how much I would like to spend time exploring the Santa Fe, Taos, New Mexico area. (That's lucky because I would like to visit Albuquerque longer, too)

Summertime will surely be upon us, sooner that later, I hope and I have lots of fun plans for the warmer months. I have furniture that I want to refinish, but at the top of my list is going camping this summer. I really would like to travel south to New Mexico and do some camping with the New Mexico Turners and then travel North to do some camping with the Idaho Kimbers. The Orem Ellsworths would like to spend some time at Bear Lake, also, so you see I have lots to look forward to this summer.

Nate and I will spend next week in sunny Florida. I am looking forward to that and we have lots of things planned. I will post lots of pictures when I return.

Nate's junior prom was last weekend, so I thought I would post a picture of Nate and his date, Jackie. He looks like he is really enjoying himself, doesn't he.

2 comments:

Jon and Chelle said...

I am looking forward to summer as well! This time of year is the hardest for me, I know its just around the corner...or at least I hope it is. My apricot tree started blooming though, so it better be!

dastew said...

Cute girl Nate. I wish you were closer so we could harrass you about your female friends. Speaking of which there's some girls in the ward we want you to meet, when you coming out to visit?